To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Monday, November 29, 2010

"Let There Be Light."

Not the full holiday outside decorations I had been hoping for, but this is what we have: door wreath and railing garland.

To signal us when we have visitors.

Our version of snow here in Northern California.

An alphabet blanket knit by a friend of the family. Thank you, Jeanne!
~The Bible

...and so there was! Our kitchen light was fixed today. It has never worked. Ever since we moved in almost a year ago (December 8th), this has bugged me. The recessed light above the kitchen sink has never worked, despite new light bulbs and Tony tinkering with the electrical wires. Today, that problem was fixed by a little man in a tool belt-and all under warranty-hooray!

Went through more bins of holiday gear today, made a fresh sweet potato pie for my bosses for tomorrow, confirmed addresses for our Christmas card mailings, organized random things in our closet, dropped off a necklace to Darcie to be fixed (I had broken it, but has a lifetime warranty), wrote all of December's birthday cards that need to be mailed out, did dishes, decorated the railing outside, and watched a few movies. Oh, and today I took my first nap since I started vacation...boy did that feel amazing! So cozy! I felt a little guilty because there is definitely stuff I could have worked on, or I could've enjoyed the beautiful weather and clear view of the mountains, but the pillow was calling my name-and I think Peyton appreciated laying down, too!

Was surprised when I got the mail this afternoon to get a package from a long time family friend. She had sent us a super soft and sweet baby blanket that has blocks with the alphabet in white. Thank you, Jeanne! I can't wait to wrap our little girl in it when we bring her home in a few short weeks!

Stalked a bunch of people on facebook, talked with Mom, Dan, Dad, and Mary today and started thinking about the little bit of Christmas shopping I still need to take care of. Tons of lists made, but I feel like I have a plan now.

Made some chicken parmesan for dinner tonight and redid the December dry-erase calendar...officially starting the countdown to our little lady's arrival! Big month ahead! I think she sensed her big day on the horizon, as she was very active all day...some of it not as pleasant as others-I appreciate when her foot is somewhere OTHER than in my ribcage....but I'll take what I get.

Sugar and spice and everything nice...can't wait to meet you, sweetheart! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment