To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"A Good Friend Is A Connection To Life-A Tie To The Past, A Road To The Future, The Key To Sanity In A Totally Insane World."

~Lois Wyse

A cradle for our room, lent to us by the nanny family. Perfect, right?!?
Clearly, whoever is doubting the good in the world, does NOT have the friends that I have! As I sit here licking the plate of the remnants of my homemade banana cream pie (I know I should somehow be ashamed for admitting that, but there is no shame with this dessert), I am so very grateful to be surrounded by such generous, sincere, caring, and loving friends who have become extensions of my family and of my heart! Thank you to everyone who through small gestures, grand gestures, kind words, random check-ins, and silent prayers help us to be who we are today. We would not be here without you! Specifically today, I am grateful for an amazing boss who shared her cradle so that we may have a bed in our room for our dear little peanut, who also gave us extra car seats for when we need it for a second vehicle, for a husband who looked so unbelievably lovable while making a homemade Christmas present for TWO HOURS tonight for a family member, for a former boss who called to check in and remind me how amazing of a mother she thinks I am going to be, and of a super gal pal who-amidst her crummy day-called to see if I was getting any more sleep than the last few nights. You are all incredible and continue to inspire me to be a better friend. Thank you for sharing your love and support! It really means so much! Again, I am reminded of how truly blessed we are to be so fortunate with the people we are surrounded by!

This morning I was able to sleep in until 5am and had only gotten up once to pee last night-victory! I'll gladly win the small battles every time and be happy with that! I got to work on outlining our Christmas card, reading  some of my daily devotional for small group, doing a bunch of dishes, purging our refrigerator of expired and unwanted food, and scrubbing down the kitchen. I was going to make Tony some cinnamon rolls for breakfast, but time got away from me and before I knew it he was off to work and I was lost in chores. I headed into work myself for a few hours today, talking to a former boss on the phone while on the way. It was nice to catch up with her and see how she's been, and she had some very nice things to say to me and some motherly wisdom to impart. 

At work I was surprised by the beautiful holiday decorations around their house-so festive! Who knew you could have nice decorations with a 2 year old and 6 month old?!? That's right, M is 6 months old, as of yesterday! He even LOOKED older today! I swear! I also enjoyed the fact that they had a blue tree as well-and here I thought I was the only one who liked a theme...K and I chatted before she headed out to run some errands. Both boys were a little under the weather, although you wouldn't have known by their behavior. Gosh, I just wanted to cuddle them for four hours straight! J and I played with toys for awhile and then the boys and I took a walk before I had to turn back to use the bathroom. When J was down for his nap, I snuggled with M while he napped on my chest...what cuties they both are! K sent me home with a cradle they are no longer using-which we plan on using in our bedroom for the first few months that Peyton sleeps in our room. It is so nice to be able to use friend's furniture instead of purchasing it for ourselves just to use it for only a few months! She also gave us her spare car seat and spare infant seat and we will also be getting her baby "gym mat" on Thursday. What a gracious friend to share all of that with us! How did we ever get so lucky?!?

Came home and read a little more out of my Purpose Driven Life book while eating a late lunch of Spaghettios-really hit the spot! Was surprised to find we had no mail-not even junk mail. Put away all of this morning's dishes and caught up on my daily allotment of stalking. When Tony came home he got right to work on making his Christmas gift (my mom's side of the family has a theme every year when we exchange names-this year the theme was that your gift had to be handmade). I would've included a picture here, but Tony refused to let me photograph the process and if I took a picture of his finished product, then the surprise for his secret Santa in a few weeks would be ruined. Thus, no picture. While he worked on that, I made some chicken fajitas for dinner and think they were exceptionally tasty tonight! Afterwards, I chatted with Nikki, helped her scan a few things-she had to update internet stuff because her accounts had been hacked, and was trying to stretch out my belly as much as possible because Peyton was already doing it from the inside and I was trying to be agreeable and helpful by giving her as much room as I could.

I felt in the mood for some vanilla pudding and then all of a sudden realized I wanted banana cream pie, and, voi-la...a half hour later and I am fully satisfied-as I think Monkey is, too! Now it's time for a shower and then time to cuddle with an incredible man.

I will post pictures of his Christmas project AFTER our family exchanges presents...that way I won't be responsible for ruining any surprises. I think he really got into the process and I even think he may make MORE items like this in the future-perhaps for his daughter...hmm...hint, hint, wink, wink.

Okay, love to all of you out there! A special shout out to my dear little girl-you are going to love hanging out at my job with two amazing boys who can't wait to have a little girl around to play with. You are so lucky to have them to look up to and to watch out for you! Good night, darling! Momma loves you so very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment