To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Fashion Can Be Bought. Style One Must Possess."

~Edna Woolman Chase and Ilka Chase

The only way that I have gotten compliments on the way I look recently is because of my personal style expert and helper, Ms. Nicole. She helped with yesterday's makeup (let's be honest, she didn't HELP, she did it ALL), and helped pick out a few outfits that I've worn lately. I was also complimented on today's choice of clothing-a beautiful and comfy shirt from Ms. Emily and some jewelry that Darcie's friend Stacy helped me pick out. Hopefully, one day...all of their efforts will rub off on me and I will be able to dress myself appropriately and wear makeup like a grown up. I do enjoy being helped in the learning process, though!

Luckily I got my internet working again this morning so I was able to finish uploading pictures from yesterday's shower and finish the blog. Boy was I exhausted last night! I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow last night. Luckily I was able to sleep until 5:30am this morning before needing to use the bathroom.

Got a bunch of stuff done this morning and uploaded pics onto facebook before heading to church to help set up for the service this morning. I got there a little later than planned and everything was already set up. Luckily I brought some stuff to work on for such a scenario and I headed to the Starbucks down the street and wrote all of my thank you notes from yesterday's shower.

Church service was really good today, and I felt called to offer up any help and assistance I could to the children's program so we'll see what kind of way they can use me. Sermon was really good and enjoyed seeing people from small group that I missed on Friday due to Tony's motorcycle issue. It's getting harder and harder to sit during church because of the pregnancy so I think that maybe next Sunday I will sit in the back so I can stand at different intervals.

On the way home from church I was hoping to pick up the changing table that Darcie found on craigslist last night, but I hadn't heard back yet-I think she must have gotten rid of it already. Stopped off at Target to spend the gift card we got yesterday. Picked up a diaper genie, some liners for it, bottle scrubbers, newborn nuks, baby grooming set, some pink and brown headbands for Peyton, changing table pad, and a formula container-just in case. Stopped off at the post office to pick up some stamps and mail off the thank you cards and then picked up some Cinnabar wine for Nicole as a small thank you for all of her efforts in throwing yesterday's shower.

Came home to find Tony playing games on his computer in his pajamas. He smiled a guilty smile and told me he got to work this morning and found out he was actually supposed to have off today and tomorrow because of some scheduling issues and had taken it upon himself to come home and enjoy his unexpected day off and "intended" on telling me when I came home. I think he sensed that I would've put him to work had I known that he was home, so...to remedy my oversight, that is exactly what I did now that I was home.

Tony carted all of yesterday's gifts into the baby's room and put together the red wagon. He made dinner and did a bunch of dishes before I let him get back to his games. While he played, I napped. All evening yesterday and all day today my sternum was bothering me-perhaps because of my underwire bra, maybe because Peyton has been kicking there a lot recently due to her "head down" position, it could be because of all of the bending over I did to clean the house, or just possibly it is because I was bending over a lot at the shower during the gift time. Either way, I feel like my rib/sternum area is bruised and incredibly painful despite my attempts to change bras, use Tylenol, and sit in different positions to relieve pressure. I found that laying down helps with the pressure so I took a nap this afternoon to help with the pain AND because I was tired.

At dinner time, I woke up with drool all over my pillow-lovely visual, eh-and quick ran some of Nicole's party dishes over to her house along with the wine. Chatted with her and Todd for a few minutes and then headed home to a yummy chicken and rice dinner with Tony. I have thus finished my stalking while watching WILL & GRACE on dvd. Now I will head to bed because, despite my nap, I am still tired and am looking for some pressure release in the chest area.

Off to a timely bedtime and excited for my last week of full time before K goes off term and I reduce my hours to a few babysitting chunks until baby comes. Thank you, again, to everyone who made the shower so special! We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment