To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Be Not Afraid Of Greatness: Some Are Born Great, Some Achieve Greatness, And Some Have Greatness Thrust Upon Them."

~Shakespeare

Peyton, you have one great and amazing dad! He can't wait to meet you! I know you will fall instantly head over heels in love with him, just as I did a few years ago! This man already wakes up and wants to touch you in my belly and after a long day of work he will go with me to pick up a changing table for you, disassemble it to fit in the car, reassemble and sterilize it when we get home, and fix your play table because he thought it wasn't safe enough. Plus, then he does little tasks around the house so that his pregnant wife can rest. What a sweetie! We are both so fortunate to have this man in our lives! I just know you will have him wrapped around your little finger, too!

Woke up today with a neck cramp (probably a result of propping my head up last night to try and reduce the heart burn). No heart burn today, but I have a sore neck to deal with in it's place. Oh well, fixed one problem. :)

Tony took my car to work today and I stayed around the house. Turns out your aunt Nikki was a little under the weather today, so she slept all day. I did a few loads of laundry, watched a few movies, did some reading, found a few things on craigslist (only resulting in one actual purchase-a $7 changing table that I will show you tomorrow or Friday probably once I get it stocked and looking the way I want it), made a fresh pasta salad, picked up around the house, did a couple loads of dishes, talked with your Grandma Wipp, made a small batch of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, gave myself a manicure, baked another sweet potato pie for tomorrow, chatted with your Grandma Mikee while she was here brining the turkey today, and fixed the mural on your wall from peeling off about 3 times...anyone out there with any suggestions on how to keep that thing stuck to the wall? I stayed busy today and even though I did give in and try to take a nap around 3pm, I was unable to fall asleep.

Your dad is working on a paper he has for homework and I think I'm just about ready to pop in a movie and call 'er a night. You've been moving and stretching all day-I hope you're comfortable in there...I'm doing the best I can to let you have your way with the belly and I can't wait until you're on THIS side of the belly! ...Oh, while I'm thinking of it, remind me to tell you about your Uncle Goo-Goo (Logan) and how we called pre-belly time "while you were in Canada."

All our love little girl and regardless of all the good food, family, and friends surrounding us tomorrow (in person or in spirit), we are most thankful for YOU and all of the years to come that you will continue to bless us! Sweet dreams, princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment