To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, October 17, 2010

"To Enjoy The Flavor Of Life, Take Big Bites."

~Heinlein

So excited to tell you that I was able to sleep in until 7am-oh, man did it feel awesome to look at the clock and see the morning sun poking through the blinds! Today was also our first official rain of the season, so I'm glad we got all of the yard work done yesterday! We opened all of our windows and let in the fresh fall air.

Tony, Nikki and I all headed off to Mikee's apartment this morning. Ant worked on putting up her patio shade and then we headed off to Lowes. Mikee needed some grass to put out on the patio for Mushu to chew on and to make us each a set of spare keys for her apartment. Then, we went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and World Market to look for a red/black shower curtain for Nikki's new bathroom- (she redecorated when Mikee moved out). No luck, but we ended our search with a delicious set of cupcakes at Icing on the Cupcakes. Tony and I got the Boston Cream Pie ones and Tony ALSO got the Confetti Cake one. So good. I tell ya, Peyton REALLY likes cupcakes...enough to make me think that I even like them during the pregnancy.

Came back from Folsom and I took a three hour nap while Tony played games on his computer. It felt so good...I don't know what it is about a rainy day, but I have never felt so rested. Got a phone call from Mom advising us into looking at a GO OAHU card for when we go to Hawaii in February. Seems like a deal we will take advantage of. The family I normally babysit for on Sundays never called so it was nice to spend the evening with Tony at home. Also didn't go to church this morning because Meghan was going to be visiting her father-in-law at the hospital, and I prefer to go to church with someone. Nikki picked up some sushi for her and Tony for dinner and it smelled soooo good. I have never craved sushi more than during the pregnancy. I have to admit I stole a bite (figuring a bite couldn't do too much harm) of the delicious "Lindsay Roll"...Nikki ordered it because it sounded good AND had my name. Then I made myself some "rainbow" noodles and sausages for dinner. Nikki had attempted to make chocolate chip cookies last night that hadn't turned out so well, so after dinner she had asked if I could make some of my gooey kind. I also washed all of our bedding (as I am embarrassed to admit that it has been a long time since I've cleaned it). Searched for some monkey/leaf drawer pulls for Peyton's dresser drawers, free stuff on Craigslist, and a changing table in the baby/kids section online. Consulted Dad on some of the dresser knobs I had found to see if they would work (as they weren't intended for dresser knobs, some were wall hangers and some were finials for window curtain rods). I think I made my decision, but now I just have to save some money to order my first choice. I gave Tony a hair cut, we took a shower, and now I just finished trimming his fingernails and cuticles. Off to bed in our fresh smelling sheets. What a nice Sunday we had!

Monkey also had all of her ten kicks done in two minutes...I feel spoiled and like I have a really healthy girl! I wish I could cuddle with Peyton and kiss her good night...a hand held gingerly to the belly and a silent wish will have to do until she's born, though. Love you, sweet pea!

No comments:

Post a Comment