To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Friday, October 15, 2010

"Life Is Partly What We Make It, And Partly What Is Made By The Friends We Choose."

~Tennessee Williams

E-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d...enough said? I partially wish I could start and end the blog with just that, however I have found that writing about my day makes me feel better and de-stress...PLUS, I don't want to get in the habit of excusing my tiring day as why I have a lame blog that evening. So, here I go...

Woke up early this morning to pee, put away two loads of laundry that I just didn't stay up late enough for last night and headed off to work. K's family was there: her mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, and niece. What a full house. Of course, M and K both had to work so the boys and I hung out with family (who were in town for J's birthday party tomorrow and his actual birthday on Sunday). What a difference a few extra bodies make in the boys' schedule! Had a full morning of fun and play with four year old niece and the boys and then took the three of them to the park for about 2 hours for a picnic and to honestly run them tired. Although the kiddos had a good time, my plan failed as I was the only tired one walking away from the park outing. Came home and put J down for his normal nap and was hoping little brother M would follow suit so that I could make the mozzarella fingers, spider cookies, and hot dog mummies for the birthday party tomorrow. On one hand I was sad that M didn't nap as that will most likely indicate a fussy evening with his parents plus I know he needed a nap. It also meant that I couldn't help get some of the food prepped for tomorrow. On the positive side, M rolled over for the FIRST TIME today! It was so cool to witness that!!! He did it one more time while I was still there! I love that I got to share this milestone with him and had he been napping, it may not have happened when I was around. Before leaving at 5:30 today and with the help of "Grandma" and "cousin" I was able to complete the mozzarella fingers (we even painted the almond fingernails with red food coloring). I wish I could've helped more...but that's the way things go sometimes. At least I put the goodie bags together for the guests.

On the way home, I deposited my paycheck, chatted ever so briefly with one Ms. Morris, and stopped to treat myself to ToGo's for a turkey and avocado sandwich and a mint shake-YUM. I felt I deserved a treat after a full and hot day! Got home and helped Nikki do an art project with her memo board on her wall-not quite to my standard yet, but we got some progress made. Finished making M's birthday gift to his brother for tomorrow and am disappointed to admit that my glue is letting loose. I think that while my brakes are being fixed tomorrow morning I may need to find a Kinkos who will laminate the project so that all the pieces at least stay together. Before the party tomorrow, I am also in charge of picking up the cake and sandwich platters plus Tony and I plan on getting some yard work done before I head off to the party. We shall see.

Miss Peyton finished 10 kicks in record time, again this evening and I again have to mention how grateful I am that I didn't have to wait around 2 hours to count...I instead get to enjoy my sleep as this active little girl got the job done in 7 minutes this evening.

Was delighted and sighed a breath of relief to already have gotten my lab test results back from yesterday's appointment. Apparently my blood work came back regular (I wasn't worried) AND my glucose levels were in the normal range-YAY for not having gestational diabetes-I was concerned because my nurse yesterday mentioned that my sugar levels had been high in the urine. That really was a load off of my conscious and I didn't even have to wait the week they said it would take to find out how the test results ran.

I am so overly tired and feel like the bed and pillow are calling out to me! Hope you all had a wonderful week! Things on my to do list are: find out if I am babysitting on Sunday night, share maternity/baby girl clothes with Meghan at church on Sunday, schedule an appointment with the kitchen light lady to repair our lights once the parts come in, rest, figure out how to fix J's birthday gift before the party tomorrow, get brakes fixed at 8am tomorrow, mow the lawn, weed the yard, trim the bushes, put out rat poison, visit Mikee at her new apartment, visit with Nicole, rest, organize the living room book shelf with Anthony's books, send Logan and Meghan an official "congratulations" card...I'm sure there's more, but my mind is shutting down. Good night and may you all enjoy your weekends! I am so blessed to be surrounded by amazing friends...who totally understand that I will call them "when I have a free moment"... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment