To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Believe There Are No Limits But The Sky."

~Cervantes


Started work a little early today to help out K because M flew down to Arizona to be with his family through the loss of his stepfather. The boys and I listened to story time at the library today...boy did someone NOT do their homework when planning out the parking lot of that place! It seems as if there is NEVER enough spots. J had a great time and M slept most of the time-which always makes traveling in his car seat more enjoyable. Did some laundry, cleaning, and school projects for K at work today while the boys napped and although M seemed to enjoy his cereal I fed him this morning (we're starting to try solids these last few weeks), he threw up 3 times before I left tonight and TWO MORE times while the boys were waving good bye...perhaps he ate more than he should have. When K came home, she gave me these beautiful fall flowers as a thank you for helping come in early these next few days. It was a really sweet gesture and I think they are perfect for the kitchen table.

Got home, did dishes, got the mail, took out garbages/recycling, picked the last of the peppers hanging on the tree (we had one rogue red jalapeƱo on the bush and Tony said it was exceptionally spicy). While outside, Tony flooded underneath the air conditioner to see what "came up" now that the poison has had a few days to set in. A small field mouse came out...and you know where there is one, there is ALWAYS MORE! He flooded the tunnels underneath for a solid ten minutes and then plugged all of the hole entrances with large stones so we shall see how this all pans out in a few days. Regardless, the poison should set in AND if any MORE holes appear, then we know our next step will be to call a professional.

For dinner, we made some yummy spinach/mozzarella/herb sausages served over rice. I even enjoyed a nice bowl of homemade chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for dessert. Tonight is the end of 29 weeks in pregnancy...which means that tomorrow starts the last quarter of the pregnancy! To scare me, I was sent a video of someone getting an epidural on the pregnancy website I signed up for through my care provider. As unpleasant as it looks, I still want an epidural. 

Trying to get an earlier start to the bedtime routine because I still have to do Peyton's kick chart and get to bed at a decent hour because tomorrow is another early morning so that K can get off to school at her normal time even though M is still gone. 

Can't wait to see you, Monkey! Mom thinks about you and is so curious to see what you look like and who you'll become! You're making my belly grow and as scary as it is that my ability to reach beyond my knees is rapidly coming to an end, I know it's all worth it! Your dad and I are super excited to see a picture of you on Saturday! Tomorrow your dad starts online classes, and he's doing it to make a better life for you and me...you're going to love your dad and be so proud of him, like I am! Let's go get your "kick on" and then call 'er a night...what'ya say?

1 comment:

  1. Epidurals are a piece of cake...The only thing that is tough is having to lean over while having a full term baby in your belly! You'll be fine! I had three!!!!

    ReplyDelete