To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Walking Gets The Feet Moving, The Blood Moving, The Mind Moving. And Movement Is Life."

~Carrie Latet

While taking my shower this morning (hey, no dirty comments, please...) I am a embarrassed to report, but...I can officially no longer see my feet anymore...but, if I have to miss my feet for a few months to have our happy little girl in our arms around the turn of the year, I'll take it without a look back! Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, tonight is the LAST FEW HOURS of my 2nd TRIMESTER!!! So happy for tomorrow to come...3rd trimester, I am SO ready for you and the coming of our little girl!

Day three of working full time again. I thought that by taking my iron vitamins later in the day (lunch time) it may help with feeling tired...I don't know if four days of doing that is enough of a test trial, but so far, it is not helping1 At work, I had another enjoyable day with my little men...we even had our first outing for storytime at the local library. J did a phenomenal job paying attention and participating with the other children and little Mr. M is still working through this new schedule of ours and adjusting to a weekly schedule with me (vs. Mom). We had a "number 2 eruption/fountain" today...and it's too yucky to detail (I know you never thought I would say such a thing), but luckily I was planning on doing their laundry today, anyway. Let's just say that Mr. M is a master at target shooting of poo, and leave it at that. Hey, in my book, any kind of talent is talent.

Sad to announce that our local scrapbook store has thus officially closed it's doors in the last week or so. I drove by today on the way home from the library and it is completely stripped of all cuteness and is no longer the scrapbook fairyland I liked to escape to. The only reminder it was ever there was the business light still hanging on the building saying "Heart to Heart: Scrapbooking Memories"...so sad to see another private business fall due to this economy! Hopefully things will turn around and they'd open their doors once again down the road. This was the only local scrapbook store I enjoyed patronizing, so I'm sad to see it go! You will be missed!

On another less-than-happy note, a friend's dad just had an emergency triple bypass heart surgery back in Wisconsin. After feeling chest pains the other day, they scheduled immediate "preventative" surgery due to the blockages they found. I am happy to report that he has made it out of surgery and is communicating with his family through hand signals. He is making the best recovery one can expect, and I'm sure he'll be back out on the golf course in no time. We're all thinking of you, Mr. P! Hugs to you and your family!

When I came home today, I threw together a quick dinner of noodles, pasta sauce, breaded chicken patties, and corn bread muffins. Mmm...hit the spot! Plus, I was happy to have ANOTHER surprise package greet me in the mail today (oh, and while I'm thinking of it, Tony's UPS package DID arrive last night...at EIGHT THIRTY PM, no less! Who knew the UPS delivery truck drivers even worked that late...I was already in bed!). Sorry, I'll get back to my story...I got a compilation package from one Mrs. McBaldwin, herself. Long story short, my longtime friend who lives in London has collected things for me and has told me she would send one thing or another the next time she visited the states...well...she's finally just sent all of the items. Included in the package were items from my Christmas present from 2009, our house warming gift from last year, this year's birthday present from March, and our "Congratulations, you're pregnant/having a girl" gift. I've included pictures of the enclosed gifts...all of which I totally love and am excited to use! Thank you, Mrs. McB! You always find the funnest (yes, I know, MSHJ, Mom, Nicole and KM, but I like using that word so I don't care that you're going to comment on my wordage...) gifts!!!

SOFT bunny cloth
"Ehlo, Mate"...British Stationary
Mmm...yummy bath goodies
...perfect to host a little picnic out on the patio...
"Linz-colored" bracelets and case
Thank you, Mrs. Mac! I LOVE the gifts! Yay for celebrating these life events YEAR ROUND! I couldn't have planned it better myself! :)

Brownies were made tonight (even though I was craving chocolate chip cookies from a fellow friend's blog...a recipe for New York's best cookie)...but we don't have the right groceries to make that happen tonight. Hopefully, I will get my first paycheck on Friday and I can stock up on grocery essentials this weekend.

My back is hurting tonight (probably from lifting 2 boys and an unborn girl today) so I am planning on taking some acetaminophen and attempting to talk my husband into switching his "Tank Overhaul" show he has recorded for my "Parenthood" series that had it's premier last night (I had it recorded because I was too tired to stay up and watch it). We'll see how that switch goes, although, truth be told, I probably won't stay awake long enough to watch the ending of either (or perhaps even the middle of either). Good night, and I hope my back feels better in the morning. Monkey, Mom's waiting to feel you...very eagerly! Please take your time, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it's sooner rather than later!!! Hint, hint...

No comments:

Post a Comment