To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Be Pretty If You Can, Be Witty If You Must, But Be Gracious If It KILLS You."

~Elsie de Wolfe

I think "The Thank You Letter" is a dying art form...however I believe it is only just that you not use, spend, or eat a gift until you have written and sent a thank you to the giver. That being said, I sent out my thank you letter to Ms. Morris today for her cute package she sent us for baby King.

Today with the boys was a little cooler than yesterday. Both boys showed me a good day. Jack was still eating timidly, but better than recently, and he was using some of the new sign language I had taught him last week. M was still a little out of his element and slept for only about two hours today (WAY under his average). K and I agreed that we'll give him to the end of the week to see if it is just his adjusting to having me around all day, and if he still has sleeping issues next week, then we'll develop a new strategy to get him back into his eat/sleep/poop schedule. Today was an eight hour day at work, which always makes me happy.

When I came home, there was a bunch of junk mail but nothing noteworthy. I popped in some frozen pizzas and the night was off to a start. I got to relax with my man while trimming his cuticles and clipping his nails (after he steamed them in the shower). Now I'm going old school watching "American Sweethearts" while Tony waits for his UPS package that says it's "out for delivery"...poor guy...I think he's checked the front porch about five times. Apparently he had ordered the latest version of the game HALO and paid for one hour delivery. We shall see if it actually arrives, but...the UPS guy has been known to deliver after 8pm to us, so it's not a lost cause at this point...

I'm rather tired, so I'm going to finish watching the movie while snuggled into bed. I either need to take a shower tonight or in the morning...I haven't quite made up my mind about what I want to do with that. Either way, I am glad that I didn't wear nice clothes to work today, as I believe that a fraction of everything consumed or dispensed by either boy ended up on me...ahhh, the joys of childcare. Monkey, do you think you're going to be any cleaner, seeing as you're a girl? Well, if not, Mama's getting practice being dirty before you come :). All my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment