To Our Precious, Little Baby Girl...

The hope for this blog is that we get to share with our daughter-to-be, family, and friends what is going on in our lives as we start getting prepared for her BIG DAY and arrival outside of the belly! It'll be a no-holds-barred attempt at our new experiences, challenges, and day-to-day life while our little "bun in the oven" continues to bake. At some point, we hope this will be a loving story for you, little girl, to look back on and hopefully will also be entertaining and educational to read! We love you, little monkey, and are so blessed to have you growing stronger and stronger every day! Love, Mom and Dad

Sunday, September 19, 2010

"It Is More Important To Live A Life of Significance Than A Life Of Recognized Achievement."

~David Novak

The above quote was something that really struck a chord with me from church this morning. I'm sure I paraphrased it, but I thought it was a very insightful message from Pastor Dave. He was talking for week number two in his 5 week series about Parental Guidance Required. The general message is how we as parents need to assume the primary role of bringing faith and God into the lives of our children, and not assume that anyone else will do that for them. I very much have enjoyed what he's had to say so far! I was early, again, for worship, but luckily so was Meghan as she was in charge of checking the kiddos in for Children's Service, again. This time I was only half an hour early...I'm getting better, but I'm just not used to driving over to the Pocket area and judging how much time I need for that commute. I was also able to call my friend Nicole on the phone this morning and arrange a girl's night with her this week--on Thursday! Can't wait! Hmm...what should we do?

After church, I came home and had a turkey and cheese sandwich, pickle, grapes, brownie, and fiber drink for lunch and was out the door again. This time I was off to gas up the car, as I was almost on empty, AND to head to Borders Book Store for the afternoon before heading to babysit. While at Borders, I researched the secret name that Tony and I are considering for Monkey and flipped through some baby sign language books for some specific things I needed reminders on. It is helpful because ASL and baby sign language don't always coincide and so I needed to figure out what an age-appropriate sign for somethings were, as the ASL versions of the words seemed too complicated or difficult for toddlers. I also skimmed through some parents magazines, craft magazines, and popular magazines while I was there. There were some really cute ideas for arts and crafts, a few neat suggestions of kids activities to try at some point, and a lot of awesome ideas for child-friendly Halloween foods/decorations.

The forecasted rain never came today...hey, I'm surely not complaining, just surprised! DID remember to take pics of the pepper plants, as promised.

Look at those adorable, little peppers on that plant! Awe!
I was also able to finish reading my REAL SIMPLE magazine before leaving to babysit tonight. Tonight I had only two girls to look after (a six and four year old) as the other family was sick with the flu, so were not there tonight. We drew "get well soon" cards for the missing children, and watched a girlie movie called "Mermaidia"...it's exactly what you'd think it would be about. Now I'm off to bed with a full week ahead of me. I have some birthday and general correspondence letters to write at some point early this week. 

Love everything about you and all that you will be, little munchkin! xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment